Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I'm getting hate mail

I love it. One of the best thing about writing is getting letters. Letters telling you that you're doing a good job are fine, I like those very much, but my favorite messages are the ones that say I'm a dope.

Check this one out, it's about my review of "Dodgeball".

WHAT U SAID ABOUT THE DOGEBALL MOVIE REALLY MADE ME MAD. I KNOW EVERYONE IS INTITLED TO THERE OWN OPINIONS AND HERES MINE. I THOUGHT THE MOVIE WAS GREAT AND BEN STILLER IS A GREAT ACTOR ESPECIALLY IN MEET THE FOCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U SOUND LIKE THE LOSER


Here's what I like best about this email, the CAPS. I'm being yelled at, over Dodgeball! That's the best thing ever. The person didn't sign his or her name to the letter, but I'd guarantee it's a girl that wrote this. Don't ask me why, I just think that a chick would write this, rather than a dude.

Imagine getting that pissed over someone's review of a movie? They actually used the word "mad", just little kids use that word, right? The coolest thing is when she told me that I am entitled to my opinion and then gives me hers, and I didn't even ask for it. Awesome. Just awesome.

If you are reading this, please write again. I am begging you. If my computer was on the floor, I'd be writing this on my hands and knees.

Another cool thing happened today, I was on the Boston Dirt Dogs website, and there was a headline that read, "Sox to change uniforms, according to reliable SOSH source." Yours truly is that source. Kind of neat, I guess. Basically, I was on a baseball uniform site and there is a Sox intern on there who said that it would probably happen. I posted and it gets picked up.

The Dirt Dog site is an interesting one. It was started by a rabid (no pun) Sox fan as an alternative to the daily papers. It's now a part of Boston.com, so while it was once the alternative, it is now one of the mainstream media. Just goes to show that this Internet thing can be lucrative.

The guy who runs it, Steve Silva, seems like a good guy. I met him at a SOSH outing a few years ago and he was the last guy I saw at Fenway before I got booted out. Remind me to tell you that story some time, it's actually pretty funny.

If you want to check it out, go to

Not much happened since Monday except that we got more snow today. Another eight to ten inches. And I feel like a true hypocrite as for the first time ever I used a chair to hold a spot I dug out. There's a story behind it though:

I got home around 6:15 and saw that there was a spot up the street from my place, except I had to dig it out. Took me a few minutes, but I did it. Put the old car in spot and then went inside. I had to pick Aly up an hour later, so I brought the chair out and put it where the car was while I went to Boston to get her.

It felt sort of weird doing this, I thought that I would never do it, but I needed to ... mainly because I'm lazy. As I was walking down the street with the chair, people were asking me "Where ya goin' wit da chair?" and "Save that spot, buddy!" I never understood the chair phenomena, but I guess now I do. Good for me.

Last thing, yesterday I got 70 visitors to 19 Thoughts, thank you very much. If you like it, tell a friend. If you don't, keep it a secret, but still check it every day. It'll be just between you and me ... I promise.

No comments: