Friday, July 22, 2005

Looking at some movies and a crappy week

Here's the deal with the Blog, I'm not updating it as much as I should. I know what you're thinking, "How can I live without my 19Thoughts? I shall surely die of ignorance." All I can say to you, is, "Can it Mr. Sarcasm." This truly has been a very trying week and I'm lucky that I can write this one.

How trying, let me tell you on Saturday we finished up the wedding hall crap with my parents and Aly's parents. After a two-hour meeting with the Longwood manager, I felt like I had gone 12 rounds with Tyson. I was tired, confused and in need of booze.

Sunday, I tried something new, I thought it would be a good idea to watch the Sox play the Yanks and draw at the same time. Needless to say I was pissed off squared. It took me a long ass time to do my strip, when it shouldn't have and the Sox lost with some dumb-assed managing in the ninth. Francona left Alex Cora in to bat against Mariano Rivera with no outs, bases loaded and the Sox down by two because, are you ready for this, he "wanted to see Cora hit."

What the fuck? Are you serious? Take him to Route 1 in Saugus and give him a couple of quarters for the batting cage. After that you can play mini golf and eat ice cream. John Olerud is on your bench for a reason. This is officially my first "WTF is Tito thinking of?" moment of the year.

Oh yeah, our limo guy calls out of no where and reverses his prices on us. Thanks dick at Boston Limo. You can suck it.

Monday, I came into work and the air conditioner over my head is leaking. It started on Saturday and hadn't stopped. Thus everything at my desk is completely wet. After lunch another leak opens up over my head. I try to work with an umbrella over my desk but no luck.

At night, I try to scan in my new strip (not the crappily drawn one) and I have a complete brain fart about how to size it. It takes me an hour and a half and it's all fucked up.

Tuesday I come into work and there are now three leaks and everything is wet. I offer to go home, but I am moved to a new cube. It also smells like someone took a gigantic piss in the middle of my cube. After work is school. I started a new class in Illustrator, which looks like it's going to be pretty fun.

Except I don't think my teacher realizes that we all have work and other shit to do as he assigns us, six hours (yes SIX) of making belizer (spelling?) curves, read and complete Chapter 4 and begin our project. Guess what I'm doing on Sunday.

When I get home I finally figure out how shrink down my strip (took me 15 minutes) and reload the page. While there is a technical glitch or two, I am in bed by midnight after seeing a mouse run by me in our living room. Fucking sweet.

Wednesday, it's still hot as balls out, did I tell you it's been 90 degrees every day with like 98% humidity? If all of these little things didn't conspire to stress me out, the heat certainly pushed me over the edge. Aly and I get into an argument, I got to bed at 12:30 and wake up at 4:30, because I can't put this kind of shit to bed. I obsess and toss and turn. This is one of the reasons why I hate fighting.

The other is because I'm so fucking stupid and competitive, I always go for the throat. I'm not a good fighter because a lot of the times, I'm just a dick. In any event, Aly and I make up Thursday morning and things are looking better. Aside from some minor work things, Friday hasn't been too bad.

This past weekend, I ended up seeing two movies. Saturday, Jamie and I went to see "The Fantastic Four". I've already admitted to you guys that I'm a comic geek at heart. I love the stuff, even though I tell most people that I don't. Spider-man, X-Men, Batman, it's all good. Some of the most fun I've had in a theatre in the last three years.

While FF doesn't exactly live up to those three, it's a pretty good movie. Some of the origins are changed (like Dr. Doom and the FF were colleagues who were both in the spaceship) but it did a decent job in keeping with the mythology. A lot of people crabbed about the special effects, but I thought they were good as well.

One reviewer from the Globe said that this movie should've been more "erotic" I have zero clue what the hell he meant. I guess it would've been funny to see Mr. Fantastic take a piss from a different room, but that's sort of gay isn't it? In any event, I bet they have a sequel since it opened up well ($56 million in the first weekend).

The second flick I saw was "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith". Awesome. Very, very good. Yes, it's a cliche to say that the first two were stupid and while I won't go that far, they were a bit of a disappointment. This movie did not disappoint.

A wookie army, a bunch of lightsabre fights, dead Jedis all over the place, definitely a fine film. There were a lot of things that I liked, such as when Ben delivered Luke to Uncle Owen and Aunt Baru and Owen is looking at the two suns. Shot for shot, that was like the introduction to Luke Skywalker in the Episode IV.

Also, it was cool to see that Yoda and Chewbacca were buddies from way back. I always thought that it was dumb luck that Chewy and Han got together to fight the Empire. Now I can reasonably say that Chewy was the brains of that duo. He probably made Han go to Tatoine and find Obi Wan and then forced him to go back to knock Vader's ass off of Luke's tail so he could blow up the Death Star.

I really want to get the six-DVD set when it comes out and just watch it straight through. The one thing I'll say is that when I was a kid, I always assumed that the Star Wars trilogy was always going to be about Luke and how he went from a pussy farm boy to a pussy Jedi. Now I know, it was really a story about Darth Vader.

If you think about it, that's quite a 180. It's like finding out the Superman story was about Lex Luthor or Spider-Man was about the Green Goblin.

No comments: