Tuesday, February 08, 2005

World Champs ... again

The Patriots won the Super Bowl on Sunday evening and you can begin by thanking me.

See this hat?



It's my lucky hat. (That's not me under it) Since Game 4 of the Red Sox/Yankees ALCS, if I wear that hat on the day of a playoff, my team wins. I am now 11-0 with this hat on. 4-0 in the ALCS, 4-0 in the World Series and 3-0 in the NFL Playoffs.

The ironic thing is that in Greek mythology, and upside down trident is considered bad luck. Sort of like the horse shoe superstition in our American mythos. If the horseshoe is facing down, it is said that the luck runs out. I guess were a lot more like the ancient Greeks then we think.

We went to Skaus' house for the game and it was a good time. Ryan and his crew were there, Skaus and Sara's soccer friends were there, all-in-all about 12 people watched the Pats beat the Eagles for their third Super Bowl victory in four years. It's a dynasty, or so they say. It's very satisifying to be living in the Bay State right now.

Pats win 2003 and 2004 Super Bowls, the Sox win the Series and right now Boston College (whom I could give a shit about) is one of the last unbeaten college basketball teams in the country. Also, the Celtics are in first place.

Besides the Pats win, another cool thing happened on Sunday. I bought two squares on Thursday ... pretty much the last two ones and because Al was bugging me to. During the game, I forgot my sheet at home. I thought I had Pats 1 and Eagles 4, so when the Eagles scored their last touchdown and New England couldn't convert, I was pissed. I actually threw the lucky hat across the room.

Turns out I was wrong, it was the other way around. The Eagles had one and the Pats had four and the final score was Patriots 24, Eagles 21. That means I won $400! Nice little bonus. It was all ice cream and cookies though, I lost $50 on a straight up bet. I took the Pats -7. Oh well, can't win them all.

Here's the thing, I was going to do my 2004 review of all the books I read last year, but I'm too damn tired. I'll do it tomorrow ... I swear.

No comments: