Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Same Old, Same New

As you can tell by now, Eddie and Kurt are back in the fold. Hanging at the bus stop and pontificating on the world like they normally do. I got some feedback on my last strip, September 14 that was a Random Memories and people said to keep going with it, because it has more heart than my Eddie strips.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. On one hand I have a bunch of dopey stories from my childhood that I can turn into strips, but I feel that's completely arrogant and has a sort of "Look at me and the funny things I do" quality to it. That's the one hurdle I have to get over. Plus, I think that the Eddie chronicles are pretty funny.

Are they always spot on? No, but I think that there is a certain pathos (Jesus, just say charm, Brainiac) to the characters that I am only scratching. In any event, I'm going to continue with the Eddie stuff and keep my Random Memories to a once every five week type of schedule.

BTW, if you're reading this in my Blog and have no clue what I'm talking about, go to www.room19comics.com and see what all the fuss is about.

This week's strip is a further continuation of old hockey logos on Eddie's shirt. The logo is from the long departed Minnesota North Stars. Good team, great sweaters, evil owner. He moved them to Dallas where there was rumor that they were going to be called the Lone Stars (not a bad name) but decided to stick with the lame Stars.

In any event, Eddie is lamenting to Kurt about a vision of beauty that he saw in his English class. Sort of biographical to me as there were a lot of nice looking chicks in my English class. And I would often tell my buddies about the new girl that I was digging that week.

Inevitably, they would ask me if asked her out or put the moves on her. Nine out of ten times the answer was no. While it was quite as pathetic as eddies, I just had no game in that kind of situation. In this strip, Kurt is playing a more aggressive role than he has in past strips. As he's the one that moves the strip along and brings out the ultimate punchline.

BTW, Kurt is wearing a Pearl Jam shirt that I thought would've looked cool around last year's elections. I designed it myself.

Also, you may have noticed the new logo on the top of the page. I think it's way snappier than the old logo and really brightens up the site a bit. I actually did two of them and the other one will be making its appearance next week. To find all of the "juicy dirt" on how it was made, check Monday's Blog entry, which is right under this one.

There's actually lots of good stuff in there about the Sox, my classes and something sort of embarrassing.

No comments: