Tuesday, September 06, 2005

A New Character Arrives

First off, I'm not feeling too well, so this is probably going to be a very short entry. But there's a new member of the gang to go along with Eddie and Kurt. He's the guy with the spikey hair and his name is Layne. And yes, there is a pattern emerging with the character names.

If you have no idea what the heck I'm talking about, go to www.room19comics.com and you can meet the new character, as well as get reacquainted with the old.

Today's strip has the boys chilling out at a bar watching Thursday's big game between the Patriots and the Raiders. I really think I led with my best foot in this strip as the first panel is very strong. The characters are leaning back a little bit to show their emotions and I like Kurt's fist pump.

The second panel is ok, but I think when taken together it shows how football can bring a person to dizzying highs and tragic lows. Check out the dude at the bar with his head down. I don't think I got all of it, but from high fiving in the first panel to his head down in the second ... that's the NFL experience right there.

The third panel makes me laugh a bit because of the facial of the three characters. I know I haven't drawn Kurt pissed off yet (also this is the first time he's been facing the right side of the page) and I don't think I've drawn Eddie mad yet either. So this was a first for both.

Also, Layne's experession is pretty good. I modeled him after a certain picture that's been floating around the Internet of yours truly. I'll show you what it looks like sometime if you have the inclanation. I don't think that Layne actually needs to be saying "What?" in this panel, but I think that is something this particular character would say in this situation.

The final panel is a weak explanation by Layne and two storm clouds over the heads of Eddie and Kurt.

The one thing that I like about this strip is that only one person talks, but there's a lot being said. Yes, my arm hurts from patting myself on the back, but what can I say? =)

Ok, I'm going to bed now ... I feel like dog crap.

No comments: