Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Odds and Ends

Today I didn't go to work. I had to go to the doctor's, I think I may have written this before, my doctor thinks that I have Grave's Disease. It sounds a lot worse than it really is, basically my pituitary gland is shutting down sending signals asking for more hormones in my thyroid. So basically, my thyroid is getting a shit load of hormones and making my throat swollen.

There are a lot of symptoms for this, none of which I have: losing weight, losing hair (bad genes, more than hypothyroid), shaking hands, etc. So, today I had to go to the nuclear medicine wing of the Anna Jacques hospital and take a few radiation pills in the morning and then have an MRI type x-ray in the afternoon. Took a total of 25-30 minutes. Because of that, I didn't go to work.

I forgot to tell you, on Friday I sent my sitcom script into Bravo in California. It should be there by now. Hopefully, I'll hear something soon. It would be pretty sweet if I got good news.

I've been reading this Blog and I've noticed that I've been pretty much writing a journal about what I've been doing in my life. Really, who gives a shit? I should be writing about what's going on in pop culture and sports and shit like that.

Tonight, the Sox won. Finally. They dropped three straight and looked like complete shit. Curt Schilling pitched a hell of a game tonight, striking out 12 Orioles. The Sox were leading 1-0 with two outs, two strikes in the bottom of the ninth. Baltimore had the tying run on second when Javy Lopez nailed a dinger off of Foulke.

The Sox go into the bottom of the ninth and put men on second and third. There are two outs, and the human K machine, Mark Belhorn is up. For some stupid reason O's manager Lee Mazilli decides to take BJ Ryan, who is throwing gas, out and brings in Jorge Julio. Julio promptly gives up a two-run double. Game over. The Sox win. Mazilli is so far above his head, it's not even funny. I doubt that he's going to last until November.

I'm watching "NYPD Blue" with my brother. He really digs this show, and I've never really seen it before. It's good. Mark-Paul Gosselar is the young cop to Sipowitz' grizzled veteran, and you know what? He does a pretty good job. Makes you completely forget that he was once Zack Morris.

Speaking of which, I saw that show (Saved By the Bell) for the first time in a long time the other day. That show is fucking terrible, but it was always enjoyable. I don't know why I liked it so much. The acting was terrible and the plots were cliche ridden monkey-typed script. I guess the main reason was two-fold: hot chicks and predicatble stories. You didn't have to think while watching SBTB.

In the first act Zack was going to get a scheme going. Second act, Screech fucks it up, getting Mr. Belding into the plot, third act everything wraps up pretty nicely. Stupid show, but very entertaining.

No comments: