Friday, December 03, 2004

Finally, it's over

This week that is.

What a shitty week. Seriously, all of the stupid, crappy things that happened this week (nothing really major) just came together today. Besides the fact that a bunch of not-so-great stuff happened, it just seemed like the longest week ever. It literally felt like three weeks were jammed into this week. I know something rotten happened on Monday, but, honestly, I can't remember what the fuck it was.

I spoke to Dave today about yesterday. I gave him some bullshit line about how things got a bit heated yesterday and how I didn't want it to effect our working relationship, etc. He was like, "You know I wasn't mad at you, blah, blah." And I said, "Yeah, I know, but it was still a tense situation and I didn't want it to ruin how we interact."

He hated my predecessor and made shit pretty difficult for her. In fact, he told me that she sucked. Aly is right, these people are so unprofessional, it's not even funny. So, I walked out of there feeling a bit better that I addressed the situation like a rational person and that he wasn't really pissed at me.

Around 1:30 or so, my boss called me into her office. Apparently I screwed something up in October and this cunt (yes, I'm dropping the c-bomb) decided to tell my boss about it today. So Moni starts giving me one of her dressing-downs where she tries to be your friend, but at the same time lets you know she's not happy. So finally I say, "Do you want to just look over everything I do? I don't care. If that's what you want to do, you can do it."

And she's like, "I don't want to be controlling and micromanaging", which is funny because those are the exact two words I'd use to describe her managerial style. But here's the thing, while that can be annoying at times, I don't care. Just be fucking consistent. You want to micromanage me? Fine, it's less responsibility for me. You want me to be on my own? That's cool, just don't be pissed when I don't do something the exact fucking way that you'd do it.

Then she asked, "Did you talk to Dave?" I answered in the affirmative and explained to her what happened. And this is the thing that sucks the most, she is such a suck up to the company that it's hard to have a discussion with her about any problems at work. I told her that I didn't think it was very professional for a vice president to have a complete hissy fit breakdown and she comes back with, "Well, you should know it's a boy's club."

For one thing, that's the wrong metaphor, you dip shit. If he flipped out while he was drinking a beer and sitting in his boxer shorts, that's one thing. But, what the fuck does that "explanation" have to do with anything? And then she proceeded to tell me all these stories about how she was sworn at. Who cares? I then told her that my problem wasn't getting yelled at, hell I've gotten yelled a bunch of times and chances are pretty good that it's going to happen again. It wasn't even the swearing, I swear more than a drunk sailor.

It was just the incident that brought along the time bomb. She just could not understand my point, no matter how much I tried to explain it to her. Remember on Tuesday when I said it's nice to have my boss on my side? Well, that's pretty much gone by the wayside.

I really think that she thinks that I'm either on drugs or I'm fucked up, because she kept asking me if I was "ok" after we had our discussion about Dave. At first I said I was cool, but I eventually told her that I was having a bad week and that next week I should be better. I have to get out of this place, find a nice job and get my career path started. It's that simple.

But first, next week I have to sharpen up and make sure that I'm on the beam for my present job. I spoke to Aly today and she really didn't have a good day today either. Which made me feel bad because she called earlier and probably wanted to talk, but I was "too busy" at work to speak to her. I told her that I think I should probably see a career counselor soon. Any port in a storm.

To make herself feel better, she went to see the new Bridget Jones movie and she looked to her left and this one girl had her hands down the pants of another chick. They noticed that Aly was looking at them and they stopped, but when Aly looked again they were going at it again only this time they were completely making out with each other. Aly thought it was gross, but I thought it was fucking hot. She said these girls weren't bad looking either. I should go see more crappy Rene Zelwigger movies.

Tonight I had a few beers and I went to take a leak. As I was zipping up my fly, I was looking at myself and the mirror and I got my dick got in my zipper. It fucking killed. Really, really, really, really bad. Removal was just like "Something About Mary", I had to do it very quickly. And yes, it killed just as much. I hope I never do it again.

Two cool things have happened in the last 24 hours:

1. I finished my very first cartoon. It came out awesome. It looks exactly how I wanted it to. Honestly, I don't think I've ever been more proud of something in my life. It looks professional and after it was done I just stared at it for a few moments. Normally I don't pat myself on the back, but this was a job well done.

2. I was watching VH1 Classic (probably my favorite channel) and there was a back to back to back block of LL Cool J's "Mama Said Knock You Out", The Beastie Boys "Hey Ladies" and Urban Dance Squad's "Deeper Shade of Soul". Awesome, awesome. awesome set of music. I was only planning on having two beers, but I had to crack another one when UDS came on. I took a sip, closed my eyes and it was like I was back in 1991 again. It was nice.

I also found out that when MTV started one of my favorite shows, "SuperRock", it was intended to be THE replacement for Headbanger's Ball. I did not know that. The only thing I know about SuperRock is that I would come home from college parties fucking bombed, crack a beer and watch it. They always had the best videos. And that's not nostalgia talking. Beasties, Pearl Jam, UDS, it was like I was programming the show.

Speaking of MTV, tonight I checked out what was on MTV2, expecting to see just videos. But it was full of reruns of old MTV shows. Is this necessary? I mean really. There is already one channel of crap ass shows, why does there need to be two? I thought MTV2 was created to play the videos that MTV doesn't play anymore. Viacom is fucking retarded.

As Jim Morrison once said, "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection." This really has nothing to do with my anti-MTV rant, I just thought it sounded cool and probably one of his best lines.

No comments: