Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Writing



I haven’t written anything on this Blog since November 2, 2010 which was a little more than three months ago and honestly, I’m not sure why.

I could say that I’ve been busy and that I’ve been tired—having another baby will do that to you, I suppose. But I don’t think that’s it.

I could say that I haven’t had any ideas lately or that writer’s block has made me it’s bitch. But that’s not true either, I’ve composed dozens of Blog entries that I want to write while I was thinking in the shower or trying to fall asleep. Some of them were pretty decent too. Plus, I have this Top 56 Best TV Shows of All Time list that I need to finish sometime in the near future. I’m stuck at 25, BTW.

I could say that I feel confined and trapped by the lengths of my Blog posts and that they are too long and too ponderous. But, that’s a pretty easy fix. In fact this entry isn’t going to be more than 300 words and it’ll take me 15 minutes to write.

I guess what I should say is that I’ve been really lax and lazy about writing, and that sucks and it’s all my fault.

My friend Tom is always writing at 5:00 or 6:00 am (or at least he was when I last spoke to him a few years ago) because he feels that scribblers need to keep scribbling. I should take his advice, not the waking up early part because that sucks, but I should try to put something down on this Blog at least three or four times a week.

Again, all of the entries won’t be long and they might not be exactly like the other entries on the site, but they’ll be something. And that’s a good start.

No comments: